The joint acting chair have agreed to cancel the rest of our photographic season and our regular summer outings for the Event Cup.
This difficult and sad decision has been taken against the backdrop of the latest government advice around limiting socialising with others as well as protecting the health and wellbeing of members, some of which are classed as vulnerable to the situation.
It is also highly likely that the Arts Centre will be closed for the foreseeable future.
This will have a significant impact on our club and a number of key events in the calendar will need to be looked at. The following outline decisions have been made:
- As mentioned above the 3 outings during the summer, which forms the backbone of the Events Cup, have been cancelled; so, no outings in June, July and August will take place. If, however, the ‘virus’ situation somehow clears in time we may be able to salvage something to run a competition.
- Camera Club Exhibition: The print exhibition at the Arts Centre, due to run from April 9th until 4th May, has been cancelled. For all the effort to prepare for this we envisage little or no footfall and also the coffee morning on 11th April has been cancelled.
- AGM: Clearly our AGM cannot go ahead as planned on 13th May. It is envisaged to hold this meeting either just before the start of the season or during the first week.
- The presentation evening, due on 20th May, will be postponed and will take place at the start of the season, possibly before or during the first regular club night.
- The normal 5 club competitions will take place during the next season as already planned – a provisional schedule for next season will be emailed as soon as possible. This will assume that the current situation has subsided enough to carry on as before.
These are very much unprecedented times for the club and, at the moment, there is little guidance, other than around the health situation from the government on what we need to do as a club. Should the situation improve ahead of the restart in September we will potentially arrange some events, such as outings and/or competitions.
We are also looking at the potential of some kind of ‘online’ events in the interim period. We will post all updates on our newsletters and website, so please keep an eye out for them.
In the meantime, if you have any thoughts, ideas or suggestions please communicate – this is your club and we need to be proactive and Lewis and I can’t think of all the solutions!
We hope that you and your families remain safe during these very difficult times and please do not hesitate to contact us during this enforced break.
Keep safe and well,
Mike and Lewis